Making an Order
Orders may be placed 24 hours a day / 7 days a week through our website www.castlemalting.com or by faxing us at +32 (0) 87 352234. Customer service and order processing personnel are available between 8:00 am - 5:00 pm (Belgian time) Monday through Friday, and can be reached by calling at + 32 (0) 87 662095.
When making an order, please provide the following information:
- Company and contact person names;
- Telephone, e-mail address and fax number
- The exact delivery address with the postcode (if you would like us to organize the transport by land) or the port of delivery (if you would like us to organize the sea freight);
- Product name, type, and packaging;
- Quantity per each product needed;
- Desired pick-up / delivery date;
Upon receiving your order a customer service representative will revert to you with its confirmation and further information within the shortest delays.
Please call + 32 (0) 87 662095, if you experience any difficulty in filling out this form.
If you would like us to organize the transport, the following items need to be specified at the time of order and may involve extra charges:
- Specific delivery date and time;
- Pallet jack
- Call first;
- Driver notification of hand-unload;
- Extra hose (bulk shipments).
A carrier with the best rate for the shipping destination will be assigned, unless otherwise indicated. Discount programs are established with numerous LTL (less than truckload) and LCL (less than container load) carriers.
Receiving Bagged MaltIf any problems arise:
Before signing the shipment’s Bill of Lading, each bag and / or pallet must be inspected. Look for torn or broken bags and ensure every bag and pallet is accounted for. You can use as reference the pallet contents sheet attached to each pallet. The easiest way is to look over the products as they are being unloaded, but if more time is needed to double check, the driver must wait!
- First, please note how many bags are missing or broken (or any other circumstances) on the Bill of Lading before signing it.
- Call Castle Malting® at + 32 (0) 87 480883 within 72 hours to report any issues. A freight claim may need to be filed on your behalf, and for this purpose the problem must be noted on the Bill of Lading. Please make sure any employees involved in unloading malt follow this procedure.
Castle Malting® supplies malt that is insect free. However, once the product leaves our plant, it is beyond our control. We recommend the following preventive measures:
- Inspect the malt storage area at regularly scheduled intervals. This is of particular importance when the room temperature is above 20° C or 64° F.
- Malt should be stored in a clean, cool (< 22 °C), dry (< 35 RH %) and pest-free area.
- To reduce the likelihood of insect activity, you may choose to fumigate the malt and the storage area periodically.
- If good storage conditions are observed, we recommend using all whole kernel products within 18 - 24 months from the date of manufacture and all milled products within 3 months.
Malt Analysis Reports
Malt analysis reports related to your orders are available in the Services section of our website (page Malt Analysis).